|Job Title:||Chief Legal Officer|
|Job Category:||Chief Legal Officer / General Counsel [ View All Chief Legal Officer Jobs ]|
|1. Conduct contract preparation, review and negotiation, including service and consulting agreements 2. Ensure regulatory compliance for HIPAA privacy and security standards, fraud and abuse, anti-kickback, Stark law, CMS Conditions of Participation, tax-exempt issues, and state licensure. 3. Analyze proposed and implemented healthcare legislation to assess operational impact. 4. Provide advice on a broad range of compliance reviews and audits, including reimbursement and billing issues.
5. Review policies and procedures for compliance.
6. Provide legal advice regarding a variety of legal issues and legal process matters.
7. Manage intellectual property matters.
8. Coordinate activities of outside counsel.
9. Ensure that the Notice for Privacy Practices, authorization forms, related contracts and policies and procedures conform to the Privacy Rule.
10. Lead legal aspects of complex strategic transactional matters, such as joint ventures, acquisitions, real estate matters, and corporate governance.
11. Provide advice and counsel to Stratum Health System, Inc. and itsí subsidiaries to support the achievement of operational, business, and strategic goals, initiatives, and opportunities.
12. Serve on Board committees, as applicable.
Promotes and practices the hospice mission and values and follows policies and procedures of Stratum Health System, Inc.
Quality and Compliance
1. Provide guidance to the organization in the areas of Compliance, Clinical Quality, and Risk Management.
2. Oversee, coordinate and monitor the Corporate Compliance Program, including all regulatory changes in federal, state, or private agencies. Serve as primary point of contact for external surveyors and auditors.
3. Lead the Compliance functions of education and marketing the compliance program, audits and investigations, compliance operations, hotline management and conflict of interests.
4. Oversee, coordinate, and monitor the Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement Programs.
5. Oversee, coordinate and monitor all systems/processes for HIPAA compliance, including but not limited to establishing the processes for appropriate access to, colleague education and use of, and disclosure of protected health information.
6. Develop, implement and oversee the organizationís Risk Management program, including documentation of associated policies and procedures, education of colleagues and volunteers, risk investigation and reporting, data gathering and reporting.
7. Direct the activities of Internal Audit as related to specific job functions and needs of the organization.
Juris Doctorate (J.D.) required; Active license to practice in Florida preferred.
Five (5) to eight (8) years of relevant health law experience in a law firm and/or healthcare system required.
Hold current certifications/license in healthcare compliance, risk management, or quality insurance preferred or obtain within one year of employment.
An equivalent combination of professional experience and education may be considered as meeting the Educational/Professional requirements.
Chief Legal and Compliance Officer
CEO Administration CHIEF01422
Administrative Office Ran
Sarasota, FL, USA
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Job Location:||Sarasota, FL USA|